National and International Assignments
A. As Editorial Board Member/Associate and Article Editor
- Journal of Business Competition and Growth (Inderscience Publisher). https://www.inderscience.com/ jhome.php?jcode=ijbcg.
- Journal of Immigrant and Refugee Entrepreneurship (IRE), 2018 to date. http://www.jire.org.za/index.php/JIRE/ about/editorialTeam.
- Emerging Markets Case Studies (Emerald Publisher), 2018 to date. See http://emeraldgrouppublishing.com/ products/case_studies/eab.htm.
- Associate Editor for International Journal of Innovation Science (IJIS), 2016 to date.
- International Journal of Innovation Science (IJIS), USA, 2013 to date.
- Article Editor for SAGE Open, SAGE Publications, Inc., New York, 2015 to date.
2. As Journal/Conference Reviewer
- Journal for International Business and Entrepreneurship Development, published by Inderscience Publishers, 2016
- International Journal of ICT Research and Development in Africa (IJICTRDA), 2016.
- International Conference on Gender in the post 2015 Development Agenda, organised by Centre for Gender and Social Policy Studies, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, on 8-9 April, 2015.
- The Institute for Business & Finance Research Journal (The International Journal of Business and Finance Research), Hilo, USA, 2014 to date.
- Emerald Literati Network (network of authors, editors, and researchers), 2012 to date.
- Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies (EEMCS) – with focus on African continent case studies, 2012 to date.
- SageOpen Journal, 2012 to date.
- 10th Globelics International Conference titled “Globelic Hangzhou 2012: Innovation and Development – Opportunities and Challenges in Globalisation”, between 9 and 11 November, 2012, in China.
- African Journal of Business Management (www.academicjournals.org/AJBM), University of Johannesburg, South Africa, 2012 to 2013.
- 6th Annual International Conference of West African Research and Innovation Management Association (WARIMA), taking place on 21st – 26th October, 2012, in Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
3. As an Assessor/Examiner
- Member of Panel of Examiners for PhD Qualifying Examinations (14) at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria.
- Member of Panel of Examiners for M.Sc./M.Phil./Ph.D. Oral Examinations (14) at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria.
- Assessor for research proposal submitted to South Africa National Research Foundation (South Africa Research Chairs) for 4 candidates (2018) and 1 candidate (2019).
- External Examiners for M.Sc./M.Tech./M.Phil./Ph.D. examination in the:
- Department of Entrepreneurship & Business Management, Faculty of Business and Management Sciences, Cape Peninsula University of Technology, Cape Town, South Africa
- Department of Business Management, Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences, University of Pretoria, South Africa, April, 2018.
- External Examiner, M.Sc. degree oral examination in the Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, University of Ibadan, Ibadan (2014/2015 and 2016/2017 sessions).
4. As Member of Judges/Selection Panel
- As a speaker during Hope Innovators Boot Conference 2019, held at The Ultimate Civic Centre, WAEC Road, Alekuwodo, Osogbo, on 24th October, 2019.
- Rock Star Judges for the Hult Prize On-Campus Event in Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria, December 2018 and November, 2019.
- Mobile App Summer School (A US Government Exchange Programme Alumni Initiative – OAU Cohort), February 2018.
- Selection Committee of International Breweries Foundation (Ilesha) that screened the business proposals submitted for consideration under Kickstart Programme (Investing in the Youths to Start and Expand Business), 2015 & 2016. See news and video.
- Selection Committee of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Osun State Branch, that screened the business proposals submitted by the NYSC Corp members for the 2011/2012 (Batch ‘B’) NYSC Venture Prize Award Competition, 2012.
5. As Conference Chairman/Rapporteur/Discussant
- Presentation of doctoral students during African Networks for Economics of Learning, Innovation and Competence (AfricaLics) 5th Ph.D. Academy 2017, organised by AfricaLics in collaboration with African Institute for Policy and Innovation (AISPI) and National Centre for Technology Management (NACETEM), held at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, 19-30 June, 2017.
- Fourth Plenary Session, 5th Annual International Conference and Workshop, organised by West African Research and Innovation Management Association (WARIMA), on 29th November – 3rd December, 2011, in Freetown, Sierra Leone.
- Workshop on “Strengthening the Capacities of Universities in Science and Technology Policy and Innovation Management” Sponsored by Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) in collaboration with National Universities Commission (NUC) and United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO), at Conference Centre, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria, at Royal Park Hotel, Iloko, Osun State, December, 2009.
6. As Guest Speaker
- Guest speaker during the inauguration of Great Ife Alumni Association (Modakeke Branch). Delivered paper titled: “Entrepreneurship: The Sustainable Employment of the Future”, November, 2019.
- Guest speaker during the 28th Annual Congress of Rural Sociological Association of Nigeria (RuSAN) tagged Transforming Rural Environment: The Sociological Perspective. Delivered paper titled: “Transforming Rural Environment Through Innovative Rural Entrepreneurship”, October, 2019.
- Guest speaker during Nigerian Universities Nursing Students’ Association (OAU branch) Annual Week Conference tagged CARTEL 2018. Delivered paper on Business Start-up, December 2018
- Empowerment programme for the students of Department of Adult Education and Lifelong Learning, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria, February 2018.
- Obafemi Awolowo University Students’ Union Summit titled ‘Entrepreneurship Educational Promotion: A Tool for National Self-Reliance’, on 13 December, 2014. Delivered lecture on ‘Electronic Commerce for Entrepreneurs’.
- Self Empowerment Programme Series (SEPS) of the Association of Education English Students, Faculty of Education, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, April 17, 2014.
- A 3-day Training Workshop for all the cadres of Bursary Staff on the use of Information Technology by the Bursary Department of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. I trained the staff on the use of MS-PowerPoint and MS-Excel, 2012.
- Association of Crop Production and Protection Students (NACPPS) one-day programme/public lecture on “Agriculture: A Profitable Business Venture”, on 3rd November, 2011.